- Navigation – User
- User: How to connect to Slack
- How to change, temporary disable or disconnect the current channel
- Navigation – Administrator
- Administrator: How to configure notifications
You can either begin the process when users create their profiles or if you are already signed up you can navigate to the settings.
Navigation – User
User menu > Profile > My Preferences > External Connections
User: How to connect to Slack
- Click on Connect.
- Sign in to your workspace by entering your workspace's Slack URL or create a new one by clicking the hyperlink.
- Click Continue.
- Sign in with either Google, Apple or your work email.
- In the next step you have to give Canto the permission to access your Slack workspace.
- Click on Continue within the Authorized Operations dialogue.
- Select the channel you would like to be used for the notifications and press SELECT.
From now on, every time you perform an activity that has been selected by the administrator, a notification is sent to the selected Slack channel.
How to change, temporary disable or disconnect the current channel
If you would like to change channel, disconnect or simply turn the function off temporarily, you can come back to User menu > Profile > My Preferences > External Connections.
Navigation – Administrator
User menu > Settings > Links & Connections > External Connections
Administrator: How to configure notifications
To specify for which activities notifications are sent in Slack:
- Select the Slack icon.
- Check the activities for which notifications are to be sent.
- Click on Save to confirm.