- How to Create a New Workflow
- How to Clone a Workflow
- Workflow Email Notifications
Settings > Workflows
Canto Workflows lets you create tasks, assign them to members of your team and control their completion.
This feature is an add-on. To enable this feature for your account, please contact your Account Manager.
How to Create a New Workflow
- Select New to create a new workflow.
- The next page will allow you to create a name, description, start date and status.
- You can also assign another Owner.
- Select Add Task to create a new task for this workflow.
You will be able to name the task, add a description and set a due date.
- In addition, you can select a Canto album to include in the task.
- Finally, you can add members to work on this task.
Members that are assigned to a task will receive notifications as tasks are coming up or are overdue.
Members can be assigned as a participant or approver. Approvers can mark tasks as complete, while participants can work on and comment on tasks. Member roles can be edited by selecting the edit button, and can be removed by selecting the remove button next to their name.
- Click on Save to create the task.
- Create further tasks until you completed your Workflow.
- Click on Save (upper right) to complete the creation of the workflow.
How to Clone a Workflow
- To Clone a workflow, open the workflows menu in your Canto account.
- Select the clone icon on the right side of the screen to clone a workflow. This will bring you to a menu similar to when you first created the workflow.
- Here, you can update the name, description, start date and status of the workflow. Additionally, you can edit the tasks assigned in the workflow and their due dates to give you team sufficient time to complete them.
Workflow Email Notifications
As an admin you will receive notifications when the following occurs:
- Workflow has been completed
- Workflow has been created
- Workflow has been deleted
- Workflow task has a new comment
- New member added to Workflow task
- Workflow task near due date
- one day prior to the due date
- Workflow task is overdue
- Workflow task process (status change)