With Canto, you can now manually upload subtitles or captions to a video, and Canto will embed the file in the video.
For now, Canto only supports VTT (WebVTT) or SRT files. See below for instructions on how to get started.
Note: This feature may need to be enabled for your account first. Contact your account manager for further information!
User Menu > Settings > Configuration Options > Recognition > Video
How to enable Subtitles or Captions for your Videos
In the Settings:
- Under Transcription for videos make sure that you have Setup Video Transcription service to automatically create subtitles in a video
In the Preview:
- Select and open a video asset.
- Click on Add Subtitles.
- The Transcribe Videos dialogue is displayed.
- Under Transcribe Automatically, select language that occurs in the video.
Click on Transcribe.
- If you want to upload your own subtitles go ahead and choose the desired language under Transcribe Manually and click on Upload.
- Click Close.
When playing the video, you can now select one of the available subtitle tracks.