Restriction: You need to be signed in using an administrator's account in order to deactivate the automatic approval status.
User Menu > Settings > Configuration Options > Approval
Some teams prefer to have all of their files immediately approved for portals and consumers.
To save them the trouble of manually approving each and every file, Administrators can disable the permission approval process or further customize the default status of assets. This removes the approval options on the Information Page of all assets.
How to change the Default Approval Status
- Make sure that you have enabled Manage your files approval status, ... so that you can see the following setting options.
- Set your desired Default Approval Status.
- Click Save to confirm your adjustments.
How to deactivate the Default Approval Status
- Deactivate the Manage your files approval status, ... checkbox.
- Click on Save in order to confirm your adjustments.
From the Approval settings, admin-level users can now customize when the status change expiration reminders are sent.
The Status section is no longer displayed on the information pages of the files, the approval status of files can no longer be changed. All files implicitly receive the Approved status. Thus, they are automatically synchronized with the portals.
Note: When deactivating this feature you cannot reactive it again until the status of all assets in your Canto Main Library has been changed to Approved. This process may take some time and would depend on how many and how large your assets are.