- How to navigate to the Connector within Premiere Pro
- How to sign in to Canto from within Premiere Pro
- How to use the Adobe Connector
- Functions Breakdown
The Canto Adobe Connector enables you to access your Canto account directly from within Adobe Premiere Pro.
Make sure that you have installed the latest version of our Canto Connector in order to use all the described features.
This is an add-on integration. Please contact your account manager or submit a support ticket for pricing.
Restriction: You need to be signed in using an administrator's account or be granted the respective permission by an admin in order to use these functions.
How to navigate to the Connector within Premiere Pro
Window > Extensions > Canto Connector
How to sign in to Canto from within Premiere Pro
- In Premier Pro navigate to Window > Extensions > Canto Connector.
- Enter your Canto URL from the pop-up menu and confirm this selection.
- The following window will open in your browser (if it does not, you will need to adjust your pop-up settings for that browser). Then fill in the fields shown (Account Name, Email Address, Password) and confirm by clicking Sign In.
Note: At this point you can also log in with the SSO function (Single Sign-On).
- Select the desired library from the drop-down menu and confirm this selection and access to your Canto account with Allow.
- If everything works, you will receive the following confirmation:
- You can now close the window and return to Premier Pro.
In the next section you will learn how to open the Connector in the application.
How to use the Adobe Connector
Make sure you are signed in to Canto (via Window > Extensions > Canto Connector).
How to add an asset to your Premiere Pro project
Note: Files from your Cold Storage cannot be added.
- With the Canto tab selected you can browse through your Folder Tree to look for the asset(s) you would like to work with.
- Select the desired folder/album.
- Click on the arrow or the Library heading to hide the folder tree in order to view more files at once.
- Alternatively, you can perform a Global Search by selecting the magnifying glass or filtering your files by keywords, tags, and approval status by clicking on the filter-icon next to the search bar.
- Hover over an asset click on the circle in the top right-hand corner of the asset to select it.
Tip: You are able to select multiple files at once.
- Click Import to add the asset to your current project.
How to switch to a portal/workflow
- Within the Connector navigate to Configuration > Logout.
- Sign in again and select the environment you would like to be displayed in your Connector.
- Click Allow.
No asset selected
- Hide/display folder tree
- Global search
- Folder tree sorting options
- Refresh folder tree/album content
- File types (all files, images, videos, audio)
- Thumbnail size
Note: Not supported in list view.
- View options
- Folder/album content sorting options
With asset(s) selected
- Import selected asset
- Deselect all assets
- Currently selected asset
- Clickable marker for adding asset to current selection (gets displayed when hovering your curser over an asset)
- Metadata preview
Detailed single asset view
- Previous asset
- Next asset
- Close preview
- Import asset into Premiere Pro
- After you save your file locally, you may upload it back to Canto as a New Version of the original asset
- Or you may upload the edited asset as a New File in your Canto library
- Browse your computer to locate the file you want to upload into Canto
- Upload the asset into your Canto library
- Shows you your user name
- Launch Canto in your web browser
- Clear cache removes downloaded files from your local drive.
- Configuration is divided into three tabs (see below - General Tab; Tooltip & Preview Page Tab)
- Logout/change your Canto environment (see further information above - How to switch to a portal/workflow)
- See which version of the Canto Connector you are currently using
Here you can set the default resolution for the import.
You may want to assign a different location for your assets' cache. Be sure to follow the instructions prompted and to close and restart the extension for the changes to take effect.
Tooltip & Preview Page & List View Tab
Here you can configure what metadata you would like to see on assets when hovering over the asset or when previewing the asset.