- How to create a Metadata Template
- How to edit Metadata Templates
- How to enable Metadata Templates for Uploads
- Video: How to use Metadata Templates in Canto
Admins can create metadata templates consisting of Keywords, Tags, Terms & Conditions, Copyright, Watermark and Custom Fields.
Metadata templates can be useful when uploading content into your main library or preparing Upload Links.
Metadata templates can save time and ensure that a minimum of metadata is added immediately when uploading
Note: Up to 10 templates can be displayed and used.
Requirement: You need to be signed in using an administrator's account in order to create Metadata Templates.
User Menu > Settings > Configuration Options > Metadata > Templates
How to create a Metadata Template
- Click New Template.
Note: By default your new template will be set to active.
- Type in a Name and a description.
- Deselect the sections that you do not wish to include:
Keywords, Tags, Terms & Conditions, Copyright, Watermark, Custom Fields.
- Add content to the selected fields.
- Confirm each tag with the Enter key or separate multiple tags with commas (,).
- If you select Custom Fields, be sure to create Custom Fields before or after creating your custom template. Instructions on Custom Fields can be found here.
- When you are done, be sure to click Create New Template and you're all set!
The template is displayed in the list of templates.
How to edit Metadata Templates
You can edit, delete or deactivate your templates at any time.
To edit a template, click the pencil icon on the right side.
If the metadata template is marked with a green check in the overview, this template is active and will be displayed/can be selected during upload. A template can be activated or deactivated by clicking on the checkmark icon or in the creation/editing environment.
How to enable Metadata Templates for Uploads
For a metadata template to be used when uploading assets, it must be included in the Metadata Editor.
- In the user menu, select Settings > Configuration Options > Custom Configurations > Metadata Editor (Upload) / Metadata Editor (Bulk).
- Click the + icon on a metadata template to add it to the Metadata Editor.
More information about Custom Configuration can be found here.
- Upload a file to your main library.
The created templates are displayed when you upload new files.