- How to create a Metadata Template
- How to enable Metadata Templates for Uploads and your Metadata Editor
- Video: How to use Metadata Templates in Canto
Restriction: You need to be signed in using an administrator's account in order to create Metadata Templates.
User Menu > Settings > Configuration Options > Metadata > Templates
Admins can create metadata templates consisting of Keywords, Tags, Terms & Conditions, Copyright, Watermark and Custom Fields. Metadata templates can
be useful when uploading content into your main library or preparing Upload Links.
Metadata templates can save time and ensure that a minimum of metadata is added immediately when uploading
new files. Up to 50 templates can be displayed and used.
How to create a Metadata Template
- Go to your Metadata settings and choose Templates.
- Click New Template.
Note: By default your new template will be set to active once you finish the process.
- Type in a Name and deselect the sections that you do not wish to include.
- Click on the entry fields in order to make specific entries. Provide as much information as you desire.
You can filter your Keywords by typing or you can click on the search bar to see a list of your entries. Click on any to add them.
Type in your desired Tags one by one and press enter to add them.
If you have included Custom Fields you will be able to select which fields to include.
Click on the plus sign and a dialog box will appear.
Note: If you select Custom Fields, be sure to create Custom Fields before or after creating your custom template. Instructions on Custom Fields can be found here.
- When you are done, be sure to click Save and you're all set!
How to enable Metadata Templates for Uploads and your Metadata Editor
- Navigate to Settings > Configuration Options > Metadata > Templates.
- When you create a new template it will be activated by default.
- You can also see the status of your templates in the overview. Click on the checkmark to toggle a specific template on or off.
If the checkmarks appears in a green tone then the template will appear in the editor.
To make sure you see the Metadata Template in the Editor when you upload assets follow the steps below.
- Go to Settings > Configuration Options > Custom Configuration > Metadata Editor (Upload)
- Click on the plus icon next to Metadata Templates.
- Click Save.
When uploading a file and adding further information to your asset, you can find your template at the top.