In certain scenarios, there may arise a need to import users from an already established table. To facilitate this process seamlessly within our backend system, we kindly request the submission of a CSV (Comma-Separated Values) file from your end.
- Create a support ticket.
- Attach your CSV file.
Specifications of the CSV file:
- UTF-8 encoded
- Columns separated by commas (,)
- Content exactly match the column names described in Content of the CSV file
Content of the CSV file:
First Name, Last Name*, Group, Email*, Role, Access Main Library, Private Portals, Adobe
* = required fields
- Group: Name of your Canto Groups. Multiple groups need to match the names of the groups in Canto, separated by comma (spaces possible).
- Role: Consumer, Contributor, Admin, Custom Role name
- Access Main Library: Yes or No
- Private Portals: URL name of private Portal to be accessed. Multiple Portals need to match the URL names in Canto, separated by comma with no spaces, for instance: "MyPrivatePortal,PrivateSalesPortal".
- Adobe: Yes or No
- For existing users, the import will
1) Overwrite role and main library access
2) Append group and portal access
Note: If you don't need any Groups or Portals assigned to the users keep the column empty. In this instance the existing users in Canto will be skipped.
Important: All groups and portals - that are referred to in the CSV file - need to be available in Canto before importing users!
Example: users template.csv