- Info Tab
- Content Tab
- Custom Configuration Tab
- Custom Branding Tab
- Landing Page Tab
- User Access Tab
- Group Access Tab
User Menu > Settings > Portals > New Portal
Canto's portal feature helps you to share and present your assets with clients and visitors directly from within your library.
Create new portals or edit portals to align their appearance to your own or your clients' desire.
This article lists the main functions that make up the portal creation/editing function.
In the categories of this article you can find links that direct you to further information regarding the set of functions.
Here you can add the following information/settings to your new portal:
- Add a name* (title), description* and URL* for the new Portal
- You may also choose an optional Expiration Date for a temporary Portal
- Change the Default Language
- Set the Access mode to Public or Private
When your Portal is set to Private you will get the option to grant permissions to certain Users/Groups
- Asset Request, please read this article for further information
Note: The download option must be disabled or the watermark option must be enabled.
- Download Content: Set permissions as to what type of download options are available for specific types of users (to learn more about Download Presets, please read this article)
- Default Content Layout allows you to specify a layout type and a sort-by order
- Advanced Search Default Options lets you create a custom search for this portal
- Add a Watermark to all Assets within this Portal
- Customize your Portal Header to redirect to a different website instead of having the header direct a user back to the portal landing page. You may also check Redirect Logo to Custom URL and leave the field blank, in order to deactivate the function altogether.
- Enable or disable Action Icons (Preview Page & Information Page)
- Choose what should be displayed in the Folder Tree
- Adjust your Portal Display Layout
- Default Thumbnail Size (small, medium or large)
- List View
Show what metadata to appear for assets including custom fields. You can select up to 8 metadata fields
- Control your portals share options by selecting or deselecting certain icons
- Show Portal List
Under the Content sub-tab you can choose which folders/albums you want to include.
If you want to include Restricted Folders/Albums (marked with a lock) you will be asked to confirm your choice to share these files. Make sure you enable Allow Users to View Restricted Folders & Albums.
You can active the Auto Sync option to keep the folders and albums in your portal up to date. This feature exists only for older portals, newer portals are automatically synced.
Note: Files must be set to Approved (status) to be visible in the portal.
Here you can find a video related to this topic.
Custom Configuration Tab
Customize your portal in the Custom Configuration sub-tab.
Here you can adjust the display options for the following categories:
- Custom Fields
- Information Page
- Preview Page
- Filter Panel
Further information regarding this topic.
Custom Branding Tab
Under the Custom Branding sub-tab you can adjust certain areas of the Login Screen and the Portal Library Screen.
For the Login Screen you can set:
- a different Background Image
- a Site Title
- a different Logo
- a different Welcome Message
- a Background Tint for the Login Box or a Tinted Overlay that covers the entire Login Screen
- the Text & Icons to either Light or Dark
For the Portal Library Screen you can set:
- a custom or predesigned ColorScheme
Further information regarding Branding for Portals can be found here.
Landing Page Tab
Under the Landing Page sub-tab to customize where you want your hyperlink to direct you after clicking.
Your Content Display options include:
- Main Library View, which is the default setting
- Smart Album with the sub-functions:
- All Files Smart Album
- Videos Smart Album
- Documents Smart Album
- Images Smart Album
- Audio Smart Album
- Presentations Smart Album
- a specific Folder/Album
- designing a Custom Landing Page
User Access Tab
Under the User Access sub-tab you can specify which users you give permission to access your portal.
This tab will only be available if you set your Portal to Private in the Info sub-tab.
For customers using only SSO to log in, you can enable the SSO Consumer feature found under User Access. This feature will allow SSO consumers access to the account without you having to manually add them to the portal.
Group Access Tab
Under the Group Access sub-tab, specify which users you give permission to access your portal.
This tab will only be available if you set your portal to Private in the Info sub-tab.