- How to enable the transcription for videos
- How to use video transcription
- How to make edits
- How to download a video with embedded subtitles
Restriction: You need to be signed in using an administrator's account in order to adjust the Recognition settings.
User menu > Settings > Configuration Options > Recognition > Videos
How to enable the transcription for videos
Please be sure to reach out to your Account Manager to have the feature enabled.
Once the feature is enabled by your Account Manager, scroll down to Transcription for Videos and turn the feature on. Once the feature is enabled you can monitor how many hours were used to transcribe videos.
Note: We use AWS transcription software that is run by machine learning. Captions may be transcribed with errors. However, after transcribing the video, you will have an easy to read SRT file ready for you to Download and make any needed changes and to Upload back into the video file. See below for more details.
How to use video transcription
- In the preview mode, click on the Transcribe Video icon to open the Video Transcription options:
- In addition to the manual process (see here for more info), you will now see the automatic transcription option as well.
- Select the correct language you would like the video to be transcribed in and select Transcribe.
Once the process is complete, you will get a message notification in Canto and an email with additional details letting you know that the analysis is complete.
How to make edits
You can make changes to the transcribed video within the Video Captions section which you can find on your information page (if enabled under Settings > Custom Options > Custom Configuration > Information Page).
- Click on the Pen-icon in order to edit the subtitles within Canto.
- Edit the subtitles and click Save.
Alternately you can make changes to the transcribed video by clicking Download. You should then have downloaded a ready to edit SRT file. You can use any text editor to edit the file (ie. Notepad or TextEdit). Transcription is timestamped..
Once you have made the necessary changes, you can click Upload to upload the SRT file with the updated captions.
How to download a video with embedded subtitles
- Download one of your videos as usual.
In the dialog box, select MP4 with low resolution.
Note: This feature exists only in low resolution.
Activate Embed subtitles and then select a language.