Restriction: You need to be signed in using an administrator's account in order to access this function.
User Menu > Settings > Links & Connections > Metadata Export
There are a few ways to export your metadata from Canto. Metadata Export will export Canto metadata to a CSV file, e. g. File Name, File Type, Description, Keywords, Tags, etc. for all your asset in your Canto library. Below, we will list the different methods on how to do this.
How to export metadata for all assets
This will export all the metadata from your Canto library.
- Type in a name for your CSV file.
- Click on the Export As CSV button.
- You will receive an email with a link to download the CSV file:
The CSV file is created in the background. This may take some time, depending on the size of your Canto library.
How to export metadata for a folder/album
This will allow you to only download metadata from specific Folders or Albums.
- Select the desired album/folder in the Folder Tree and select the "View Detail Information" button.
- Select the Metadata Export button.