- How to download the Microsoft Teams Connector
- How to add the app to the side panel
- How to share files from Canto in chat
- How to share files from Canto as a post
- How to use the search bot in a chat
- How to find images using the search bar
- How to search, access & download Canto files in Microsoft Teams
- Video: How to use Canto with Microsoft Teams
The Canto Teams connector allows users in an organization to search, share and download assets from their Canto library right within Microsoft Teams.
How to download the Microsoft Teams Connector
You can click this link and directly continue with step 4.
- Within the Microsoft Teams app click on Apps.
- Search for Canto.
- Click on the search result to open it.
- Click on Add to install the app.
- A window will pop-up.
- Choose your domain and desired environment. Enter your credentials to access the Connector.
Note: SSO Login is supported.
How to add the app to the side panel
- Click on the icon in the side panel.
You may have to search for the app.
- Right-click the Canto app.
- Select Pin to add Canto to your side panel.
Canto will be displayed in the side panel. You can unpin it by right-clicking Canto followed a click on Unpin.
How to share files from Canto in chat
Users can quickly share files right from the Chat window.
- Open a chat or start a new one.
- Under your chat bar click on the three dots and select Canto.
Note: You can pin Canto to your chat bar.
If Canto does not show try to send a message first.
- Select an asset to share. It will be added to your message.
- Send the message by pressing Enter on your keyboard or clicking the arrow icon in the toolbar.
The recipient can then choose to open it either in Canto or directly if they do not have access to Canto.
How to share files from Canto as a post
When creating a post in Teams, users can share a file directly from their Canto account into a Post.
- Select Teams from the left navigation bar.
- Select the corresponding team under Your teams.
- Posts will be selected by default.
- Click New conversation and click on the Canto logo as described above.
How to use the search bot in a chat
- Simply type @Canto followed by a search term in your chat bar to find a file in Canto.
- Click on any asset to add it to your current message.
How to find images using the search bar
- Simply type @Canto followed by a search term to find a file in Canto.
- Select Open in Canto or Open direct link.
How to search, access & download Canto files in Microsoft Teams
- Select the Canto app in the left side panel.
- Make use of your Smart Albums, folder and album structure or the Global Search to locate your assets quickly.
- Open a asset to see a preview and some additional metadata.
- In the preview you will also find the options to Share or Download this asset.
The display, sort order, and sharing options are all controlled from the Settings, which can be accessed by a right-click on the icon in the chat panel.