You can track activity/account usage which occurs in your Canto account by using Google Analytics' data reporting.
While this feature is enabled, the following events & information are sent from Canto to Google Analytics:
- Unique visits
- Average time on site
- Page views
- Average pages viewed per visit
- Geographical statistics - new & returning visits from countries & territories
- Traffic - referrals, direct traffic, and search engines
- Content viewed
- Shared page statistics
- Browser & operating systems
Google is planning to sunset their Universal Analytics on July 1, 2023. We recommend updating your Universal Analytics Tracking to Google Analytics 4.
See Google’s support site for more information. Once you update to a Google Analytics 4 Tracking ID, you can follow the instructions shown on this page to link this new Tracking ID with Canto.
The Google Analytics 4 ID starts with “G-“. You will not be able to use a Universal Analytics Code property which starts with “UA-” after July 2023.
Requirement: You need to be signed in using an administrator's account in order to connect Canto to Google Analytics.
User Menu > Settings > Links & Connections > External Connections
How to connect Canto with Google Analytics
You'll need a Tracking ID from Google Analytics. Click here to learn how to get a Tracking ID from Google.
Once you have the Tracking ID:
- Select Google Analytics.
- Check the box that reads Send data from your Canto instance to Google Analytics.
- Enter your Google Analytics Tracking ID (starting with "G-").
- Click Save to complete the configuration.
Data from Canto will then appear in the homepage of Google Analytics.