Restriction: You need to be signed in using an administrator's account in order to connect Canto to Google Analytics.
Note: Canto requires the Universal Analytics Code which starts with "UA-". You will not be able to use a Google Analytics 4 property which starts with "G-".
User Menu > Settings > Links & Connections > External Connections
You can track activity/account usage which occurs in your Canto account by using Google Analytics' data reporting.
While this feature is enabled, the following events & information are sent from Canto to Google Analytics
- Unique visits
- Average time on site
- Page views
- Average pages viewed per visit
- Geographical statistics - new & returning visits from countries & territories
- Traffic - referrals, direct traffic, and search engines
- Content viewed
- Shared page statistics
- Browser & operating systems
How to connect Canto with Google Analytics
You'll need a tracking ID from Google Analytics. Click here to learn how to get a tracking ID from Google.
Once you have the tracking ID:
- Select the Google Analytics icon.
- Check the box that reads Send data from your Canto instance to Google Analytics.
- Enter your Google Analytics Tracking ID.
- Click Save to complete the configuration.
Data from Canto will then appear in the homepage of Google Analytics.