- How to create Custom Roles for your users
- How to assign users to your newly created custom role
- Video: How to create custom user roles in Canto
Requirement: To use this feature you need to be signed in with an administrator account.
If you do not see this option in your settings please contact your Account Manager.
User Menu > Settings > Users & Groups > Privileges
How to create Custom Roles for your users
As an admin you can define your own custom roles and assign users to them.
You can create up to three custom roles.
- Click on the "+" icon.
- The Add New Custom Role dialog gets displayed.
- Give your new role a name and click Submit.
- Click on the newly created role and add or remove the necessary privileges.
- You can also add more roles, edit the role name, or delete the role.
- Click on Save in the upper right-hand corner.
How to assign users to your newly created custom role
- Now you can go ahead and create new users or update the roles of current users to a custom role.
- Go to Settings > User & Groups > Users.
- Select either New User or Edit a current user.
- Select the drop-down menu Role and choose your previously created custom role.
- Click Save.