How to Download Single Files
- Files can be downloaded by clicking on the download icon in the thumbnail.
How to Download Multiple Files
- To download multiple files, select the files you wish to download by clicking the check mark in their thumbnails.
- Once you have selected a file, a series of function icons will appear in the upper right corner instead of the display options.
After selecting the files, click the download icon in the upper right corner.
- Canto combines all files marked for download into a ZIP-archive.
You will have to enter a name for the ZIP-file.
Note: Depending on the selected files, you may be able to specify the download, e.g. in this dialog:
- Make your choice. Then click Apply.
- Depending on the browser you are using, you may need to allow pop-up windows to be displayed or approve the download.
How to allow pop-ups in your web browser
Allow your web browser to open pop-up windows from Canto.
Note: Browser settings may vary depending on the version you are working with.
- Google Chrome: You will see a pop-up icon appear on the right end of your address bar and select always allow.- MozillaFirefox: You will see a yellow preference bar under your address bar, here you select allow.- Safari: Click on Safari > Preferences > Websites > Pop-up Windows > Allow- For all other web browsers, you will have to undergo a similar process to allow files to be downloaded.
Note: Bulk Download
When selecting 50 or more files or when the total download size exceeds 1 GB, the ZIP file is not downloaded automatically. Instead, you will receive an email containing a download link for the ZIP file.