- How to Enable the Asset Request Function for a Portal
- How to Request Assets as a Consumer/Public User
User Menu > Settings > Portals > New Portal / Edit Port > Info > Asset Request
When looking to exercise more control over the assets you're sharing, the Asset Request feature gives the ability to distribute watermarked and/or low-res content but forces the consumer/public user to place a request for the original file before downloading the file from a portal.
How to enable the asset request function for a portal
Restriction: You need to be signed in using an administrator's account in order to enable this setting.
Enable the Asset Request setting when creating a new portal or by editing a previous created portal.
Note: Be sure to disable downloads or add a watermark to the assets within the portal to prevent direct downloading of the original files.
If you would like to customize the Asset Request form shown to visitors, please click here.
How to request assets as a consumer/public user
If the administrator has enabled the asset request for a portal, consumers/public users can not download assets directly, but must first submit an asset request.
- Select assets from the portal link you were provided with.
- Click the Asset Request icon to request to download the selected assets.
- A Asset Request Form will be displayed.
- Fill out the request form with the necessary details. A user may select the top right corner to adjust their language preference.
- The Admin/Approvers will receive an email in order to review the issued request. As soon as the process is approved by the admin you will receive an e-mail which will include a download link for the requested original assets.