- How to share My Collections with other Canto users
- How to share My Collections externally
- How to set an expiration date
You can share your collections with others, this applies to both internal and external recipients.
How to share My Collections with other Canto users
- In the folder tree, select My Collections.
A list of all your collections is displayed.
Note: This is only visible in the main library not on portals.
- To open the edit dialogue click on the pencil icon next to the collection you want to share.
- Select the user(s) you would like to share that collection with or type in their email address.
- Click Save.
The recipient or group will receive an email and a Canto message board notification.
The collection type will change from Personal to Shared.
You can see the list of users (if more than one) or group by clicking on the entry.
Note: The collections that were shared by another user (received) will show up under My Collections > Shared Collections.
How to share My Collections externally
If you want to share collections externally (i.e. with people who don't have Canto access), you can select which content you want to share.
- First, select the album which you wish to share within My Collections.
- Select individual assets you would like to share or use the select all button from the toolbar.
- Next, select the share button.
- Finally, select the sharing option you would like to proceed with.
Depending on the option selected, you may need to provide additional information.
How to set an expiration date
- Expiration date for a download link
- Expiration date for collections shared via email