- How to create and edit your Curated View
- How to move Assets
- How to share albums in Curated View with others
- Video: How to set up a Curated View in Canto
- How to set Curated View as your default
- How to manage curated content (specific users/groups)
In the curated view, you can arrange the assets as you like and group them into sections. You can give each section a title and description.
Note: A maximum of 1,000 assets per album are supported in the curated view.
How to create and edit your Curated View
You can create multiple sections within an album and name them differently.
- Go to any Album and click on the Curated View icon.
- The title will default to the Album title. To change the section title and subtitle, click on the title section to make the desired changes. Click OK when you are done.
- To create a new section in your Curated View, hover between assets until you see a line appear. Click on the line and a new section will appear.
- Enter a title and a description (optional).
- Create as many sections as you need.
How to move Assets
You can move assets from one section to another.
- Select the asset or assets you want to move by clicking the checkbox in the upper-right corner of the corresponding thumbnail.
- Drag the file(s) between two assets, in the beginning of a section or at the end of a section and wait until the +-symbol appears. Let go of the mouse to drop the files in that location.
How to share albums in Curated View with others
You can share your Curated View albums by going back to the folder where the album is stored, hover over the album, and click on the Share icon.
Note: You are only able to share Curated View albums if you have already made changes (i.e. change file position, change the title, add sub-title, or create a section). This also applies to viewing Curated View as default in portals.
Video: How to set up a Curated View in Canto
How to set Curated View as your default
Curated View can be placed as the default view in your main library and for your portals.
Note: You can set the curated view as the default view only if you have already made changes to it (for example, changed the title, added a description, created a new section, or moved a file to a different location).
- Navigate to Settings > Configuration Options > Defaults > Display -
- Select the Curated View option under Default Content Layout.
In order to adjust the default view for a portal you have to check curated view under the Info tab > Default Content Layout.
How to manage curated content (specific users/groups)
In the Detail View of the album, you can now find a setting to allow specific users or groups to manage the curated content.
- Go to the Detail Information Page of the album.
- Scroll to the Permissions section.
- Select the Manage Curated Content checkbox, and then select the users or groups to whom you want to grant this permission.
- Click Save to apply the settings.