- How to download the TYPO3 plugin
- How to install the plugin
- How to configure your Canto extension
- How to insert assets from your Canto library
- Video: Canto TYPO3 plugin
How to download the TYPO3 plugin
External plugin download link: https://extensions.typo3.org/extension/canto_extension/
- Please check which version you are using, if you use the link to download the Canto Plugin for TYPO3.
TYPO3 Version 8, 9, 10 and 11 are supported.
- Scroll down to located the corresponding version.
- Download it as a ZIP archive and unzip it on your PC.
How to install the plugin
TYPO3 can be connected to your Canto Library.
- Select Extensions in your TYPO3 menu bar which can be found under ADMIN TOOLS.
- Change the drop-down menu located at the top of your screen from Installed Extensions to Get Extensions.
- Now type “Canto” into the search bar and click on Go or press Enter. Click on the Install-Button which is located under Actions.
How to configure your Canto extension
In order to configure your Canto Extension go into the Admin tools > Settings menu.
- Select Configure extensions.
- Click on canto_extension. Continue by selecting an environment.
- Confirm your selection by clicking on Save "canto_extension" configuration.
- You can now close the window.
Note: This is a one-time set up. But you can still adjust your selection at any time.
How to insert assets from your Canto library
- Select Page in the category WEB.
- When you have a page selected, click on + Content.
- Here you can choose different types of content and combination of multiple media/text assets. Select for example Images Only.
- Switch into the Images tab.
Here you will find Connect Canto/Insert from Canto.Connect Canto will be replaced by the button Insert from Canto once you followed the instructions above.
- First you need to log in with your credentials.
Note: SSO-Login option is available.
- Select the desired Canto environment and confirm (Allow) access.
- Now you can browse your Canto library by clicking Insert from Canto in the applicable tabs.
Note: See all the supported file extensions from TYPO3 below the different upload options.
- Confirm with Insert into Post.
The metadata that can be transferred is displayed in the export window.
- (File) Name
- (File) Size
- Created Time
- Last Uploaded
- Approval Status