Restriction: You need to be signed in using an administrator's account in order to set up a password policy.
User menu > Settings > Users & Groups > Password Policy
A Password Policy can be set up to define the type of passwords that can be used in Canto.
How to set up a Password Policy
- Navigate to the Settings and select the tab Users & Groups, followed by the sub-tab Password Policy.
- Toggle the different options and set specific limits.The rules that can be applied to the policy are:
- Minimum character length
- Prevent reuse of previous passwords
- Require users to change their password after a specified number of days.
- Require specific characters
- Two-factor authentication
Note: When you enable "Expire passwords after XX days", all users will need to reset their passwords after the specified time. The only exception to this is the user who is the owner of the Canto account: the account owner's password never expires.
Users whose password is about to expire will be prompted to change their password via email and Canto message. This email notification will be send 14 days before reaching the expiration date.